Interest and Choice Learning
The philosophy behind ICL is making choices and knowing oneself. It helps students develop greater confidence in following their aspirations, work collaboratively, use the competitive spirit as an atom of self improvement, build character, understand the importance of rigour and have enriching experiences and interests. The focus is to foster an all round development with exposure to new things, creating interest and hobbies, harnessing the in-depth potential of a student and to provide them with skill building and competitive opportunities.
This would then lead to building of strong school teams and developing a culture of sports, music, drama, writing and debate as well as developing hobbies and lifelong interests in our students. These ICLs are both during school hours and after school. Participation for the choice activities are both through selection and student choice.
We offer Stay backs in the following areas as of now.
- Performing Arts - Theatre
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- Sports – Football, Basketball, Athletics, Tennis, Swimming
- Kannada for non-native speakers
- Chess Club
- Speech, Debate & Jam
- Neev Times
- Spanish Amigos
- Science Club
- Math Help - Grades 6 to 8
- Expression Thru Art
- Literature Circle - Primary & Senior School
- Poetry Club
- Math Help - Grades 4 & 5
- School Band
- Digital Photography
- Home Work Support
- Tell A Tale
- Keyboard Ensemble
- Extended Math - Grades 8 to 11
All ICLs will be conducted for students from Grade 4 and above in the School Campus in specified areas by our school faculty.
- ICL will be conducted over two terms in the school year
- Signing up for the ICL will be on first come first serve basis
- Minimum number of students required to conduct an ICL - 6 students
- There will be a cap on maximum number of students in a particular ICL after which students will need to choose another ICL